I’m Blogging for Bernie, well TAGtribe.Bernie’s been asking me for weeks to write a post for the TAGTribe blog. In fact I’m sure he’s asked every member to write a post. The strange thing is that very few of us actually have, which is surprising given everyone I have met through TAG has been a motivated, driven business owner / leader, looking to grow their business and make connections.
Why then are we all passing up on the opportunity for some free publicity?
Perhaps it’s because many of us haven’t grasped the basics of blogging. Or perhaps we are all struggling to prioritise the time to write a post, or have yet to answer the question: what’s in it for me?
1. You can demonstrate your expertise and passion for the product / service you sell away from your own marketing
2. You can tell a story in words, pictures, video or even sound and animate your messaging
3. You can position yourself as an authority by writing in depth about your specialist subject area
4. You can encourage and foster interaction with your target audience through provocative content, or by asking for feedback
5. You can engage with your target audiences by generating conversation online through blog comments, or linking out to another influential blogger
6. You can demonstrate your relevance and show off your talents, whether that’s in accounting and HR services, or creating bespoke children’s clothing
I know all of this because I’m a blogger too. I have been blogging since 2006 – shameless plug, but you can read my marketing blog (http://www.klaxonmarketing.co.uk/) to get an idea of what I’m talking about.
Still don’t believe me? Why not watch this short clip of Tom Peters and Seth Godin.